Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:56:30 -0500

Many thanks to all who answered my post regarding recommendations for a good probiotic. I had asked for a friend in a different part of the country, who is having gi difficulties, but I myself feel more enlightened!

*** Three people recommended Culturelle. Also, one person sent this additional info:
>>Was recommended to use Culturelle by Dr. Cynthia Rudert of Atlanta, Ga.  She
has several articles on one of the major Celiac websites.  Her GI practice
is devoted to celiacs and the gluten intolerant.  This product can be found
at most drug stores.<<

*** Two people recommended  Primal Defense by Garden of Life

*** Also recommended was to get probiotics from a number of different sources, such as kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchee, etc. ( I use goat yogurt and love it.)

*** Trader Joe's Creamline Yogurt

***Shaklee probiotics
*** Acidophilus supplement by Nature's Life

*** DDS Plus is what we use because it is on a rice base as our daughter is corn, soy & dairy intolerant.  Another celiac friend is very sensitive does well on it also. It is in the refrigerated case at health food stores, is carried by Whole Foods in their refrigerated probiotics case,