From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 08:46:48 EDT

On March 23rd, Janet Thomas wrote:

> Right now my burning question is:  How can I keep lunches
> interesting and varied?

I pack lunches for our celiac first-grader.  We use a bread maker
to make bread for her, which I use to make lunchmeat and cheese
sandwiches.  Sometimes she gets peanut butter and jelly.
Occasionally my wife makes zucchini bread or some other fancier,
non-sandwich bread.  Then I'll send my daughter 2-3 slices of
bread with cream cheese, and send some cottage cheese or flavored
yogurt for her protein.  Another protein choice that is popular
at this time of year is a hard-boiled egg.

I usually send some kind of fruit, and either chips or cookies or
something else like that.  She uses one of those flexible,
insulated lunch bags, and I usually add a small reusable cold
pack to keep her food cold.

Occasionally I'll send her dinner leftovers, if it is something
she really likes that tastes good cold.  An example of this is
leftover pizza (homemade, of course).

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry I took so long to respond.

                   --- Jim Lyles ([log in to unmask]) ---