Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim & Bee Donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:44:32 -0400

I just received an email response from Gray & Company regarding their Queen Anne Chocolate covered Cherry Cordials. Up to this date the only gluten free chocolate covered cherrys was the Cella brand:

Gray & Company produces maraschino cherries; glace fruits, Queen Anne chocolate covered cherry cordials, and sweetened coconut, which, to the best of our knowledge, do not contain anything derived from the gluten-containing grains ( wheat, barley, rye or oat) you listed.

The only grain-derived ingredient used in the manufacture of our products is corn syrup.  According to our corn-syrup supplier, the corn kernel contains a small amount of gluten in its outer shell.  Corn syrup is made from the starch portion of the kernel after the outer hull is removed.  If any gluten were to remain after processing, it would be very minimal, in the range of a few parts per million.

We have also checked with our natural and artificial flavor suppliers and although the exact formula is proprietary, they do assure there is no gluten or grain alcohol, and the flavor is not made from any ingredient that contains wheat, oats, barley, or rye.

I hope this information has been helpful for you.  If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.  Gray & Company values your business and hopes to continue to serve you with our fine products.

Sincerely,

Vicki Spear
Customer Relations Manager
Gray & Company