Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:44:08 -0500
> Found it, it boots with the mobo out :)  . . .  <snip> . . .  Now if I can
mount the  mobo differently to avoid shorting it out.

Received the above from son just before midnight (Feb 3). Looks like he'll
be getting about 4-5 hours sleep before reporting in for a 12 hour work
shift. Bummer.

Thanks to all who answered my questions. Looks like he's is on his way to
getting up and running. He's a very happy camper and would be happier if he
weren't working today and won't be able to work on system till late this
evening if he's able to at that point.

Me - I'm just happy that the components (especially the ASUS mobo, AMD cpu &
video card) appear to be happily working together. He got all the way up to
getting everything (including floppy, HD, CD-ROM, CD-RW) connected to mobo
(which was outside case) and getting it to boot from his XP cd then decided
he had to retire before he started down the full install path and he needs
to make adjustments so board won't touch things it shouldn't.

Thank you again.

Jayne Johnston