ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:09:56 -0600
I wish you folks all the best with this situation.
I can't help but think of the husband of a friend of our's in our marriage
class at church.
They are a very young couple, can't be more than 22 or so and they have 3
kids, the oldest being 4, the next 2 and the last a new born.
I thought of the husband in that couple because they live with the wife's
parents still, or on the same piece of land, right next door.
The husband doesn't come to church much, today was the first time we had
seen him there and he didn't last through the whole service.
He ended up in the nursery playing with the kids.
The wife's parents come regularly to church and I don't know how many times
I have heard the mother-in-law ask for prayer for her son-in-law then given
out little bits of information which she should keep to herself in my
opinion.
I would think that would just put that much more strain on the relationship.
I know it's hard to talk to the guy without thinking of the things his
mother-in-law has said about him.
I want to get to know him but I think he groups us with the "church people
and that he's not comfortable with church.
Hopefully, he will come back and will figure out that we don't think all of
ourselves perfect just because we attend church.

Matt