ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:33:04 -0600
I like the title of that book hahahaha. I see parents who do everything
for their kids in the name of "let them be kids, they've got many years of
being an adult" and etc. but what does that mean? When kids were kids back
in the 1800's they did chores most adults would not even consider these
days, and the responsibility factor that was reaped as a benefit from
them. I certainly have made my share of mistakes with my kids, but they
knew how to cook an egg when they were 10, they knew how to load and run a
washer and dryer before that, they knew how to do stuff around the house.
And it wasn't done as a chore. We made it fun, well as much fun as
possible.  I made a game called "Funny Money" in which they earned points
for doing their regular jobs and more for extra stuff and when they earned
the total needed, they got like$20 to spend with the family doing
something, ice cream, McD's whatever, the choice and event was theirs to
choose. lol I was just thinking,  I'm in need of re-introducing such
household tasks again as they are now older and in and out and in and out
and in and out so much hehehe in fact my wife and I were just talking
about that this morning. Just because they are older have jobs and etc.
doesn't excuse them from participating in household duties. After all that
is part of life as an adult too.

Brad