ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:05:29 -0700
Phil,
I think the scriptures for the concept of Ministering to the Lord are the
ones found in Ezekiel 44, as apposed to ministering unto the house.
I also think this story is dealing with the "martha-Mary Syndrome".  You
know, those who get so busy serving that they have no way to be in touch
with the Lord.

Also, I have seen the effects of the mass marketing of Christian talent.
It's really as bad as the secular versions of the same.
I was listening to a gospel station, and they had some big adds for the
"Christian Talent Search, and all the rewards for those who would win.
Remember, most, if not all, of the Christian music labels are owned by
secular companies.  The same is very true of book publishers.
Vinny