ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:48:42 -0500
Mat and all,

James 1:13-15
13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot
be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each one is tempted
when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15 Then,
after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is
full-grown, gives birth to death.
NIV

Tempted is defined as...
NT:3985
peirazo (pi-rad'-zo); from NT:3984; to test (objectively), i.e. endeavor,
scrutinize, entice, discipline:

KJV - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

What do you think of this thought? God gave us all on earth a free will to
choose how we might conduct ourselves, many misconstrue, in my opinion and
understanding, that just because
god is all knowing, all powerful and all everything, that he is
automatically responsible for allowing a test, or stopping evil in life.
The old attage, "the devil made me do it" is hogwash, I made me do it as
the scripture so said. The enemy can present you with evil, but he can't
make you do it, God does neither present it, test us with it,  or make it
upon us, and just because he is all powerful doesn't mean he is allowing
it to prove us out. We enter into it on our own and he let's us because he
has given us a awesome gift of free will to choose him or choose our
selves, or choose any other god we might decide to put before him.The
enemy understands this and that is why he tries so hard to present us with
evil that we might follow him. If we had no choice, we'd be spiritual
robots, pre-programmed to follow God, and what honor or glory would that
be? Even angelic beings created to serve and worship God made decision to
follow satan. I just do not believe that God tests us with evil. Believing
so would that not contradict God's word?

Brad