ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:50:11 -0600
I know how worried most of you have been about us living out here in
Colorado with this big statewide snow storm we had so I will confirm that we
are all safe and well.  We have about a foot of snow is all in our yard but
the high winds created a lot of drifting.  Tomorrow they say it will be mid
to upper fifties.  Today it was already in the forties.  Wednesday it will
be in the sixties and by Thursday and Friday, it may hit 75 degrees.  We
might have thunder storms Friday and over the weekend but they always say
that this time of year because they can't figure out if it is winter or
summer during April in Colorado.  Our basement leaked again due to the fast
melting of the snow.  We dug our basement wall out once about three years
ago and patched the leak area, but we got new gutters recently, when we got
our new siding, and they did not, for some unknown reason, put extensions on
the down spouts to keep the run off moving away from the foundation.  We
have a small hill on one side of our house and the run off just runs like a
river down into that area and collects.  We need at least one French drain
put in and longer gutter extensions to keep the water away from the house.
No, you can't swim in the basement but it sure makes a mess to clean up.
Normally we check it and catch it before it gets bad but this time we forgot
until our grandson mentioned the water in their basement apartment and then
it hit me what I had forgotten.

Phil.