ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:43:17 -0400
Brad,
As always, you have posed a good question and are stimulating our minds and
hearts to search out God's word.
I believe that both (belief & obedience) are imperative to a right
relationship with the Lord.
Our concept of belief is a bit thwarted.  We seem to think that belief is
the acceptance of something or agreement with something or someone.  The
word in the Bible for belief, as seen in the Greek, is a word that, as an
integral part of it's definition, has the idea of action.  The word "faith"
is, in the Greek language, an action noun, a bit different from English,
huh?
There is another scripture that comes to mind
Hebrews 11 and verse 6,

6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes
to him
must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek
him.

Faith is absolutely neccessary for salvation.  One must "come" to God and
when one comes to God, he must be "faithful".  We must live a life of faith
which means a life of belief in God and a life of putting that faith to work
for Him.

Well,  there's my 2 cents worth and it didn't cost you a thing.  Now, you
are two cents richer.

(smile)God bless you all,

Ned
.