From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 16:04:10 -0600
I found the following interesting

NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario - An enterprising young killer whale at Marineland

has figured out how to use fish as bait to catch seagulls — and shared his

strategy with his fellow whales.

Michael Noonan, a professor of animal behavior at Canisius College in

Buffalo, N.Y., made the discovery by accident while studying orca

acoustics.

"One day I noticed one of the young whales appeared to have come up with a

procedure for luring gulls down to the pool," the professor said. "I found

it interesting so I noted it in my log."

Continue reading:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=624&e=11&u=/ap/20050902/ap_on_sc/clever_whale