From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:02:44 -0600
ginny wilken wrote:

> I've been thrashing around with this concept, too. I can eat my eggs
> raw, but I like them somewhat cooked. If it's about oxygen, I figure
> it's OK to break the yolks as long as you're not beating them to whip
> air into them, so I break them in the pan and stir them into the whites
> while they cook. I like them runny anyway. Fried eggs I don't break,
> just barely set up the whites and leave the yolks whole and liquid. My
> gut feeling is that I have more to lose by cooking them than by
> breaking the yolks anyway.

In my mind there is a big difference between freshly scrambled
eggs cooked at home, and semi-artificial "scrambled eggs" that
sit on a steam table for hours oxidizing merrily away.  I avoid
the latter whenever possible.  Maybe that was behind the
warning on scrambled eggs.  At least if you order an egg over
easy in the restaurant, it is freshly cooked.

    Lynnet