From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2005 11:39:19 -0400
Wayne > how do you estimate your macronutrient levels?  Do you weigh your
portions and compare charts?

Unlike Thomas and Jim, I do track carbohydrates.

I started eating low carb about 8.5 years ago to try to stop gaining weight
every year.  I lost 75 pounds in a year and a half.  I transitioned to
mainly paleo about 6 years ago.

In the book Life Without Bread, the doctor author stated that in prescribing
low carb diets for weight loss and health that it seemed like the average
person could eat about 72 grams of carbohydrates daily with no negative
impact on health.  Since I have discovered in my food journey that I am very
sensitive to carbohydrates - if I eat too many I am hungry constantly - I
regulate my carb consumption through weighing and calculating things with
carbs like fruits and vegetables.  I do not track protein or fats.   Also, I
don't think I trusted myself not to track carbs.  For a long time I was
afraid that I would lose control and start eating the SAD way again since I
had a 30 year history of starving and binge eating.  Now that I am properly
nourishing my body I don't desire to eat any other way.

Paula H.