Kevin Eifler <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:40:15 -0500
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:16:32 -0500, Paula H. <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I rotate my meats - otherwise since beef is my favorite I would eat more
>beef.  I know this will sound very mechanistic, but it is easy for me.  I
>eat beef, chicken, eggs, pork, tuna, turkey in that general order.  If I
eat
>beef, it is usually a chuck roast cut into 4 servings - so I eat 4 servings
>of beef.  Next is chicken, which is usually a family pack of wings or
thighs
>for about 4 meals also.  I eat two meals of eggs.  They are not my
favorite.
>Next is 3-4 meals of pork.  Two meals of tuna due to mercury.  And, 2-3
>meals of turkey.  I eat all fat and skin.  Then, I repeat the list over
>again.
>
>Paula H.

Paula,

Thanks for your post! In my introduction I had asked about list members who
regularly rotate foods for convenience. When you say you eat 3-4 meals of
pork and 2-3 meals of turkey, etc. do you mean that you actually eat 3-4
meals of the same meat consecutively? The reason I ask is that while I'm
making the transition to Paleo, I'm also learning how to cook and I suspect
that if I can eat the same meat-based meals back to back a few times a day
then the learning process might be a little easier. Do you ever eat one
kind of meat exclusively throught the whole day and switch over to a
different meat for the duration of the next day? Thanks a bunch!

Kevin Eifler
Burlingame, CA