From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:52:44 +0900
On Sunday, Feb 6, 2005, at 07:36 Asia/Tokyo, Kevin Eifler wrote:

> My biggest obstacle to beginning my Paleodiet is that I just don't
> have much experience in the
> kitchen. My main question is this: did anyone out there find
> themselves eating a limited array of
> meals frequently in the beginning or does anyone do this currently? I
> know that eventually I'll want

Yes, at first. Actually that is what makes it easy to stick to paleo.
As you learn and go along you (me) tend to start making exceptions and
adding things that are almost but not quite paleo, and this can go on
until your diet isn't paleo at all anymore. So simple at first isn't
bad.

One easy thing I do is to fry up a big batch of pork chopped or cut
small, with lots of olive oil. Then I can just go to the fridge and
scoop up a big pile any time I am hungry. Sometimes I don't add any
spices and sometimes I do, for variety. Same veggies. Recently I have
been using lots of Indian spices and hot pepper. It works for me and is
quick and easy 'bachelor' type food.

Otherwise, keep lots of fruits and veggies on hand for snacking, nuts
too.