From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:25:43 -0500
Ashley > Do you know what the absolute maximum proportion of protein a human
> diet can consist of before rabbit starvation occurs?  I eat the
> fattiest cuts of meat I can find but I'm never sure if they are good
> enough.  I get hungry quite soon after meals (even large ones)- I don't
> suspect I'm eating too much protein but it's a possibility.  I know
> what protein toxicity feels like- I misguidedly ate nothing but lean
> meat for a long (unpleasant) time

I don't know.  I do almost zero measuring, calorie counting, and the like.  I pay more attention to what my body does (energy levels, weight gain or loss, bloating, general well being).  Here's what I'm operating on right now: 1) Keep carbs close to zero; 2) Obtain satiety from good fats while limiting -- but not eliminating -- saturated fat intake; and 3) Keep protein intake relatively low

I did lose about five pounds last week and am feeling really well.  I am only eating twice a day and, when I do, I'm not eating a lot.  I would guess that, although I'm consuming the majority of my calories in the form of fat, I'm getting fewer calories.