From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:39:02 -0800
Dear Friends:

I just want to turn you on to an appetizer I had today, which comes from Spain.  I have long felt that in Spain they eat so close to Paleo....or at least they did.   Anyway, I had something called Mojama.  The word itself, in Spanish does not sound appetizing, but when I tasted  this tender fish ...OMG!!!   I am sure that some of you in other countries have something similar...but I have not seen anyting like this in the USA.
Basically it is tuna cured in sea salt.  I just went to some websites, in spanish, on how to make it.....I am sure many of us could make it ourselves...seems pretty easy.  If you could just buy some and try it first...I am sure we can get it from sources advertised in the net.
Happy eating!!
In Love
Lillian