From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:04:14 +0000
On Jan 14, 2005, at 1:52 am, William wrote:
>> I have prostate problems
>
> IIRC this is associated with zinc deficiency. There should be enough
> zinc
> from the meat in paleo diet, _assuming_ that it's properly absorbed.
> Zinc must be balanced with copper.
>
> William

Hmmm,

You may be on to something here William.  I have often suspected zinc
deficiency because of my poor sense of smell, but I eat a *ton* of meat
and plenty of eggs.  It must be an assimilation problem.  I did read
that low thyroid output can cause enzymes to work ineffectively if body
temperature drops too much.

Can you see a solution to this?  I did take zinc a while back but not
for a long time.  I'd rather improve my mineral absorption somehow than
take supplements, which can cause imbalances.  And if I'm not getting
enough zinc eating my current diet I can't imagine how much I'd have to
take as an isolated supplement.

I had hoped that a year of eating paleo would return my body to normal
but this hasn't happened yet.  For all the good things it's done, it
seems some damage is here to stay.  I find that a bit depressing.

Ashley