ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:06:58 -0500
Hey Phil,
You make my point well.  We kind of see getting involved with a church like
a dating relationship.  If you jump into commitment right away, before you
know the churches position on issues and before you know its personality,
it is harder to disengage, if you discover that you disagree,  because of
commitments, than if you step back and just observe for a while.  We
encourage people to get to know us before they get too involved so that
they can be sure that they are getting involved in something that they
really want to be committed too.  It also gives us a chance to see  how
they live out their faith.  I agree with your approach of taking a wait and
see.  You're not saying that the church is bad and the church isn't saying
that you are bad, but you are learning whether or not you are a good fit
for each other.  I believe that that is healthy and wise.
Kathy