ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:23:33 -0700
I was speaking to a fellow lister last evening about things that are on my
heart.  First of all, I hope I don't offend anyone, however I think I should
say how I feel.

When I was a child, I was never brought up in a church home like others on
the list were.  I found the lord when I was an adult because when I was in
boarding school I thought church was a drag.  I found out how cliquish and
non-caring Christians can be after my father died.  My mom goes to a big
church and maybe that's why they don't reach out and help people after
they've lost a loved one.  The people who helped my mom out the most aren't
church goer's.  They belong to the VFW, (Veteran's of foreign wars.)  That's
a social organization for veterans and their spouses.  They helped her start
getting her life back on track, got her involved in several community
projects.  She goes almost every Tuesday for toccos and sometimes has a
couple of drinks.  I'm telling you all this because even if someone finds
fellowship with people who are not church people, whose to say they don't
love the lord after their own fashion.  Sorry for the novel.