ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:49:53 -0500
As some of you may know, I  have applied for Adult Low Income Medicade for
Ben, since he is "an adult, and has low income" sounds like a logical thing
to do.  Well, he is turned down, seems you either have to be a single mother
with children, pregnant, elderly, or blind.  Guess I'll have to see if his
eye doctor would be willing to say he is legally blind, I really think he
is, he can't see light when theychange, so doesn't drive, he has to put his
face right at the computer scree to see it.  They say he has cataracts on
both eyes, and had done some lazor surgery to stop bleeding in the back of
both eyes, this was prior to  removing the cataracts, but because we have no
insurance we haven't been back.  I found a program through  the Lions
Lighthouse but you had to be denied Medicade first, so will try them.
So, if a young girl gets pregnant and doesn't know who the father is, she
can have her meeical bills paid, but if a father looses his job because of
medical problems he is out of luck! I just don't understand.

Rhonda