ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:08:32 -0500
Phil,
         I pray that you are right.  Even now, he doesn't seem to be
connected to anybody.  Of course, I am suspicious that the next fling is
coming and this is the lull before the storm, but, perhaps, this time it
will be different.
         I did get another piece of good news along this score, however,
yesterday evening.  I think that I told you guys that chris was involved in
a prank a couple of months ago in which a poster was generated, that looked
like a police flier, accusing another boy of being a child molester. The
flier was put in this boy's neighbors' mailboxes, but it was unknown how
many were distributed.  This boy, Jeremiah, attends our church and he
didn't think that Chris had anything to do with it, but we learned later,
through recovering some of his instant messaging, that he was
involved.  Anyway, we turned our evidence over to the police and a
detective came on Tuesday evening to question Chris.  Chris acted all tough
and wouldn't cooperate.  The officer reported all of this to Chris's
probation officer but she couldn't get any information out of him directly
either.
         One of our concerns was that, we knew that the evidence had to go
to the district attorney, but we were hoping that we wouldn't be revealed
as the source of the information so that we could continue gathering
information without Chris being tipped off about what we are doing.  Well,
yesterday, on his own, evidently, in front of another student, Chris
confessed his part in the creating of the posters to Jeremiah, the boy that
the posters were about.  He apologized, admitted his part and gave the
details.  Chris never said a word to us about this confession.  We found
out because Jeremiah's  mother called to let us know.  She also told us
that since Chris confessed in front of another student, his confession can
be used directly and we can be kept out of it.
         I am just amazed at all this.  It is God, working in ways that I
don't understand.  I just keep praying and giving it over to God.  Chris
will be such a tool in God's hands once he stops running and fighting.
Kathy