ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:35:16 -0500
Okay you guys,
I think that I'm starting to get this.  I just have another
question.  Phil, Vicki, don't kick me off.  I promise, I'm trying to figure
this out, but some stuff just isn't in the help file.  Okay, when I used to
collect mail in Juno, it would tell me it was collecting.  It would say
something like, "getting mail," or something creative like that.  Then,
while it was collecting, I could find out how much had been collected so I
knew that it was working and then, when it was done collecting, there would
not only be a sound, like there is in Eudora, but it would say something
like, "transmission was successful.  So many messages sent and so many
received and I would know for sure that it was done.  Now, when I hit
control M to collect mail, there is silence unless I get new mail, but
otherwise, there is no confirmation that I've done it right.  Then, of
course, if there isn't any new mail, there is no cute little musical notes
or anything.  From what I've read, I don't know if I can change this and I
don't know if I need to do something to Jaws or Eudora.  You guys, thank
you for your patience.  I"m so sorry!  I suppose that another way around
this is to try to spring for a plane ticket to Maine for somebody with a
lot of patience to help me work this out, but Maine isn't the greatest
place to be in the winter, unless you like to ski or snowshoe and I don't
want to do that, I want to learn this!!!   GRRRRR!
Kathy