ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 14:31:10 -0400
Thinking about that devotional reminded of a discussion that my sister and I
had months ago.  I had, in an email to her, praised the Lord and said that I
thought it wasn't the Lord's will to heal me of my blindness because I
believe that He is better able to use me without sight.  My sister wrote me
back and scolded me and shamed me for saying that and proceeded to tell me
how it was the Lord's will for us all to be healthy and well and that I
should never say or think that God wanted me to stay blind.
Well, I smiled as I read it.  There are so many evidences in the Bible of
how God chose to use people because of their circumstances, disabilities or
positions in life.  He hardened Pharaoh's heart to save the Israelites and
throught them to bring Jesus to save us and all the world. The disciples ask
Jesus in John about the blind man "who sinned? This man or his parents"?
Remember His answer?  He said that it was neither but that God might be
glorified.  Like Job who said, "though He slayme, yet will I serve Him" I
will praise and serve Him and be happy doing it if I never see again.  What
a small price to pay to own the jewel of great price.

Ned