ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:53:41 -0500
After I wrote this message, I realized you were asking about JAWS.  Dos and
Windows are 2 different operating systems so they are hard to compare.

Matt, I am prejudiced as a Window Eyes user.  My impressions of the
programs are these.  If one thinks of cars, I see Window Eyes as a Ford or
chevy.  It can work with most programs out of the box and allows people to
use Windows as one usually would.  JFW is like a Cadillac.  It is more
powerful, has more bells and whistles but is more temperamental.  I believe
that JFW is more dependent upon script files than Window Eyes is on set
files.  Also Window Eyes is cheaper and I think, its tech support is better.

earlier, Matt, wrote:
>Ok, there is windowize but looks to be about the same price.
>I have heard of it but have heard less about it.
>Any input on this?
>
>Matt

John

   My girlfriend said I never listen to her, or something ...