ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:26:49 -0500
Hi Guys,
        Well, Chris is home.  Now the next chapter of our lives begins I
guess.  Our last therapy session was horrible.  Chris was mad that he had
to stay three extra days because we just couldn't get there any sooner and
he decided to take it out on us and the therapist by just being plain
nasty.  He improved on the trip home enough so that Greg let him drive the
last 180 miles, all the way through Maine, but we were all pretty tense.
         Now, he's home.  He likes what we've done with his room so far, so he
says for now.  It is tense though.  Sometimes I feel like our carpet is
made of egg shells.  Chris has decided to go to Bangor High, a public high
school.  Unfortunately, one of his best friends has switched to this school
as well and we know that this boy does cocaine so I don't know what is
going to happen.  Chris just can't understand why drugs are illegal.  He
enjoys their affect and he just doesn't understand why something so
enjoyable he has do deny himself.  I suppose it is similar to how many of
us struggle with enjoyable foods that, though not illegal, aren't really
good for us.   Once Pandora is out of the box, she won't go back, but must
be denied anyway.  Please pray that Chris will be wise.  Right now, we can
only live one day at a time.
        I hadn't realized how well I had been sleeping lately until last night,
when he was back in the home again.  He was up until 1:00 am. moving things
around and I was afraid that he would bolt any minute.
Thanks for your prayers.
Kathy