BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:51:30 -0500
Twybil,

Possibly you could help me while you are there to satisfy my quest for
knowledge as to the authenticity of the collection of books in the house.

I'm fairly clear that they are not actual copies of Twain's books, as
there are people out and about tracking his personal books, quite often
through his hand written marginalia. What I would like to know is to
what degree the books in the house were selected as representative of
books that Twain would actually have owned/read, or was the collection
more loose akin to the 'furniture' books one would see in an eatery/brew
pub? The lighting is dark in the house and the hustle through is a bit
quick... no time for browsing with greasy hands on the artifacts, and no
context what w/ the gaggle of AARP oohers & ahers for irreverent questions.

If even you can figure out who selected the collection and connect us so
that I can pester them I would be humbly grateful. I want to write a
histo presto tall tale along the line of the books Twain may never have
read.

Thanks,
][<en