From:
Eric Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:00:29 -0700
I have a VHF/UHF radio.  My antenna is connected to a metal pipe, which is
mounted to my deck rail.  It is only about 37 inches off the ground and the
transmission line runs around the corner of my deck into the bedroom of my
apartment.  According to the local operator who helped me set this equipment
up, my antenna is low enough that I should not have to worry about a
lightening strike.  I live in Beaverton, Oregon, which is a suburb of the
Portland area.  While we don't get a lot of lightening, I heard some reports
about possible thunder showers.  Should I still be concerned?  Thanks again.

Eric