Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:51:50 -0500
Hello Bob, Butch and all, I would have to agree with you Butch, the THF6A
is a really nice radio, it is very easy to use once you get into it.  So if
I were you Bob, I would go for one of those most definitely! That url is:
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com
73.

  at 01:27 PM 12/29/2004, Butch Bussen wrote:
>you'll get many answers to this one, but I'd recommend the th-f6 for ease
>of use.  Any modern stuff is going to have a steap learning curve as
>unless you buy used, there just aren't Kenwood 130s or 140 type rigs
>anymore.  All have memories and dual vfos and so forth.  Nice part is if
>you get one that is  a proven good and easy to run rig, you'll grow to
>love it.  The 2000 is a bit daunting, but menus speak and it is easy to
>run with a little practice.  If you look on ican workthisthing forget the
>exact url, they have shortcuts, keyboard descriptions and so forth.  I
>would steer clear of Yaesu.  Most don't have a synthesizer option.  If you
>do go used, be sure the synthesizer is stall available for the particular
>radio you pick.
>
>Happy shopping.
>73s
>Butch Bussen
>wa0vjr

Dan In Brantford, Ontario, Canada.
Amateur radio station VA3ets.
EchoLink node number:6165.   Skype name: va3ets
Email or MSN: [log in to unmask]