Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:35:58 -0500
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:55:44 +0000, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>.
>
>Does he put into some some of perspective the insulin resistance caused
>by saturated fat vs unsaturated fat vs (say) a baked potato?  I'm sure
>the first too are comparatively simliar in relation to the last.
>
>Although on the other hand, does the saturated fat content
>(proportion?) of animals rise in the winter?  Could this be a trick to
>encorage the body to store fat in the winter?  (Hypothetical and based
>on unproven premises!)
>
>Ashley

He doesn't say anything about saturated fat causing insulin resistance.
Type 2 diabetics can lose weight on a low carb/high saturated fat diet.
Therefore, I do not believe that saturated fat causes insulin resistance.
It may be true that certain individuals have problems with saturated fat --
but the exception doesn't make the rule.  That would be like saying certain
people stay slim and healthy on high carb, low fat diets and therefore
everybody should eat high carb, low fat diets.  I believe lack of sunlight,
cold weather, less physical activity and the accompanying lowering of
thyroid hormones is a more plausible explanation for people gaining fat in
the winter than saturated fat.