ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:19:14 -0800
7bit
From:
Cecily Ballenger <[log in to unmask]>
I did too.

Cecily

-----Original Message-----
From: Echurch-USA The Electronic Church
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Carter
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 6:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: A well known and loved person in the Blindness Community has
passed away

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_29989_1109386767_0

Thanks Pat.  I sent them sympathy note via e-mail.  I know she is at peace
with Jesus now and we will see her in Heaven.

--
Prayer is the bridge between panic and peace.
Karen Carter '74

> Dear Friends and loving ones,
>
> It is with great sadness that I am writing to inform you all that the
> loving Bobbie Carolyn Rhodes, age 57, has passed away on Friday morning at
> 3:50 AM in the home of her twin sister Billie and Tom Mattio. Carolyn
> Rhodes will be greatly missed by all of us who new her.
>
> Last fall Carolyn Rhodes was diagnosed with lung cancer which spread to
> many places through out her body very rapidly. The illness took her down
> fast, rapidly increasing to stage 4 cancer, and she went to live with
> Billie, her loving twin sister, and her family. Billie cared for her night
> and day, and she never left her side.
>
> Carolyn Rhodes was loved by everyone who new her well, and those who she
> worked with. She was a strong person with more good qualities than I can
> count on my hands and toes.
>
> I have never known anyone in my life with as strong of character, and,
with
> as much determination to succeed, and to help others succeed in their
lives.

> Carolyn Rhodes worked at the New Jersey Commission for the blind, for
> years. She was very active in the National Federation Of The blind, and
> other well known organizations.
>
> She not only gave of her time, very generously, but she was an extremely
> hard worker, and she put her heart in everything she did. She never gave
up.

> Carolyn loved giving all kinds of gifts, such as computers and other
> equipment to people who didn't have the funds to buy them. She went way
> beyond the call of duty to help her clients learn and succeed.
>
> She was a very loyal and close friend to myself and my husband, Vernon. If
> you were Carolyn's friend, you were her friend for life. She valued her
> friendships.
>
> Carolyn Rhodes had the courage to do anything she set out to do. She loved
> to travel, go out to eat, go to musicals, plays, theater, and movies.
>
> If you had a computer problem, she usually had the answer, but if she
> didn't have an answer and couldn't get one for you, she wasn't afraide to
> tell you so.
>
> If you had a cooking question, or a question abot edicate, she could
answer
> it. Carolyn was an excellent cook.
>
> I could go on and on writing for hours about all the good qualities that
> Carolyn has. She loved animals, and loved her little Brandy, and Rusty
> dogs, and her loving cat Merlan. She was kind sweet, and loving. She gave
> more generously than anyone I've ever known. She loved helping others. I
> loved making her laugh. Carolyn was compassionate, kind and she was a
great
> listener.
>
> Vernon and I went to see Carolyn and her family on the 26th of January. We
> were very lovingly greeted by her twin Sister, Billie and her husband Tom.
>
> We have known Carolyn since 1995, and we feel like we are a part of her
> [...]

<DIV>Thanks Pat.&nbsp; I sent them sympathy note via e-mail.&nbsp; I know
she is at peace with Jesus now and we will see her in Heaven. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=signature id=signature>--<BR>Prayer is the bridge between panic
and peace. <BR>Karen Carter '74 <BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff
2px solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR><BR>&gt; Dear
Friends and loving ones, <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It is with great sadness that I
am writing to inform you all that the <BR>&gt; loving Bobbie Carolyn Rhodes,
age 57, has passed away on Friday morning at <BR>&gt; 3:50 AM in the home of
her twin sister Billie and Tom Mattio. Carolyn <BR>&gt; Rhodes will be
greatly missed by all of us who new her. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Last fall Carolyn
Rhodes was diagnosed with lung cancer which spread to <BR>&gt; many places
through out her body very rapidly. The illness took her down <BR>&gt; fast,
rapidly increasing to stage 4 cancer, and she went to live with <BR>&gt;
Billie, her loving twin sister, and her family. Billie cared for her night
<BR>&gt; and day, and she never left her side. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Carolyn
Rhodes was loved by everyone who new her well, and those who she <BR>&gt;
worked with. She was a strong person with more good qualities than I can
<BR>&gt; count on my hands and toes. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I have never known
anyone in my life with as strong of character, and, with <BR>&gt; as much
determination to succeed, and to help others succeed in their lives.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Carolyn Rhodes worked at the New Jersey Commission for the
blind, for <BR>&gt; years. She was very active in the National Federation Of
The blind, and <BR>&gt; other well known organizations. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
She not only gave of her time, very generously, but she was an extremely
<BR>&gt; hard worker, and she put her heart in everything she did. She never
gave up. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Carolyn loved giving all kinds of gifts, such as
computers and other <BR>&gt; equipment to people who didn't have the funds
to buy them. She went way <BR>&gt; beyond the call of duty to help her
clients learn and succeed. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; She was a very loyal and close
friend to myself and my husband, Vernon. If <BR>&gt; you were Carolyn's
friend, you were her friend for life. She valued her <BR>&gt; friendships.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Carolyn Rhodes had the courage to do anything she set out
to do. She loved <BR>&gt; to travel, go out to eat, go to musicals, plays,
theater, and movies. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you had a computer problem, she
usually had the answer, but if she <BR>&gt; didn't have an answer and
couldn't get one for you, she wasn't afraide to <BR>&gt; tell you so.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you had a cooking question, or a question abot edicate,
she could answer <BR>&gt; it. Carolyn was an excellent cook. <BR>&gt;
<BR>&gt; I could go on and on writing for hours about all the good qualities
that <BR>&gt; Carolyn has. She loved animals, and loved her little Brandy,
and Rusty <BR>&gt; dogs, and her loving cat Merlan. She was kind sweet, and
loving. She gave <BR>&gt; more generously than anyone I've ever known. She
loved helping others. I <BR>&gt; loved making her laugh. Carolyn was
compassionate, kind and she was a great <BR>&gt; listener. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
Vernon and I went to see Carolyn and her family on the 26th of January. We
<BR>&gt; were very lovingly greeted by her twin Sister, Billie and her
husband Tom. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; We have known Carolyn since 1995, and we feel
like we are a part of her famly. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I want to say that I have
had the great pleasure of being Carolyn's friend <BR>&gt; for several years,
and now I've made some new friends of Carolyns. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Carolyn is
with The Lord now, and she's probably helping God with his <BR>&gt;
computer. <GRIN><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Billie Mattio is asking that you all write
to her and share your <BR>&gt; experiences with Carolyn, and she will
display them at her funeral. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you wish to send flowers,
or cards, in memory of Carolyn Rhodes, please <BR>&gt; send them to:
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Billie and Tom Mattio <BR>&gt; 2405 Woodland Terrace
<BR>&gt; Neenah WI. 54956. <BR>&gt; Email: [log in to unmask] <BR>&gt;
Phone: 920-751-8405. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I want to thank you all for taking
the time to read this, and for giving <BR>&gt; Carolyn Rhodes the
recognition she deserves. Please pass this on to other <BR>&gt; lists.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Lovingly, <BR>&gt; Pat Ferguson <BR>&gt; Email:
[log in to unmask] </BLOCKQUOTE></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_29989_1109386767_0--