ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:26:32 -0600
Hi folks,
We are in a marriage Sunday school class at church and we are enjoying it.
I am hard core into what we have already studied on our own with the Evans'
so the books and teachers our teachers refer too don't hold my attention a
lot but I am able to use the knowledge I already have to interact in the
class.
I am noticing a neat thing.  Our class is mostly young marrieds.  There are
different age grouped classes but they put us in with the 20 something's.
We are 30 something but i think the next level up was 40 and 50 something.
Anyway, the neat thing I am noticing is that a lot of these young marrieds
are very young marrieds, even in their teens and yet they seem to have been
raised in the church and they have a very mature and positive attitude about
marriage.
I envy them and the support they get from the older Christians in the
church.
I was not raised "Christian.
My mom claimed to be but her life did not reflect it.
Not downing my mom.  Her parents divorced when she was young and her own
mother turned her out on the street when she was only 13 so I figure she did
the best she could.  Still, she married 4 times and so I did not get a
positive and secure view of marriage.
I wish, that when Terri and I had met, that we had married more quickly and
that I had not been so apprehensive.  I had a very negative view and it was
more or less.  You know, lets get to know each other for a few years and see
if we like each other enough that we can make it together before we talk
about marriage.
I don't know why Terri put up with me for so long.  She was raised Christian
but even she has admitted that her church friends did not teach her adult
applications of the bible and she never realized there was so much about
marriage and life in there.
I will probably step on some toes with what I am going to say here about the
Pentecostal church, so I am sorry if it hurts any feelings up front.
However, I think that it is a very immature fait.  That is the type of
church my wife was raised in and ever once in a while we visit a church run
by one of her old church friends and I am amazed at the sort of back woods,
or hick views of some of the scripture.
Anyway, I did not mean to get off on that.
My point was, how impressed with and yet envious we are of these young
married folks in our church.
I mean sure, they have the same want to look as if they have it all together
as we all do but without realizing it, they do have it together more so than
I ever did at that age.
Just by being in church and studying the bible and being raised in a
Christian church they are SO ahead of the game.
This has just been kind of a praise report on something that is going on in
our lives.
Thanks for reading it.

Matt

Never react out of fear, when dealing with relationships.
Fear prophesizes a negative outcome.
Instead, trust that if you do the right thing, the outcome will be right.