ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:22:34 -0500
Brad,
As usual, you have written so well and eloquently on the subject.  Thanks
for your thought on faith.

I know that God can and does heal because I have experienced it in many ways
in my own life.  I had a cornea transplant in 1970 and was sure that God
would give me sight. I believed it with all my heart.  The surgery was
successful and I began to see more light and color and have more
distinguishing vision though I never was able to see any real images.
During my time of convalescence blood vessels grew into the graff.  The
doctor said after a year we would do the surgery again and would use x;ray
to prevent the growth of blood vessels.  During that year, I worked out with
a young preacher friend of mine three times a week with weights.  Under my
maximum bench press, I am sure, I had a hemorhage that caused the
degeneration of the eye and the optic nerve died.  I have never stopped
asking the Lord for sight but I do know that He knows far more than I and I
ask Him not to give the sight if I can be a better servant or witness for
Him without it.  I know He can give me sight at any time but I know, too,
that it might be like the child asking for the proverbial "butcher knife".
The fact is that I will praise for the sight He gives me or I can praise Him
for the blindness that has made me who I am and lead me to Him.

Ned