From:
"h.blakely" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
h.blakely
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:53:28 -0600

Here's my summary, to the best of my ability:

--The majority of the replies believed the cause was peripheral neurophy, which is quite common with CD.  Being diagnosed as a much older person, possibly already had nerve damage.
--Others, a great number, suggested that the probably cause was a Vitamin B-12 deficiency.  A lot of folks have B-12 injections.  Use a good quality B-complex, preferably sublinguinal type.  Also calcium supplement.
--When being tested for B-12 deficiency have both homocystine and methylmalonic checked.  Serum can show normal.
--Possibly a spinal malfunction; pinched nerve; see chiropractor.
--Trapped nerve and imbalance.
--Get checked for diabetes.
--Stretching exercises, use of heating pad.
--Food allergy, i.e., dairy, nuts, grain fed beef; possible unknowingly ingesting gluten.
--No correlation - recommended L glutamine and probiotic complex.
--Low Potassium
--May benefit from morning exercise followed by warm shower, ending with cold water on legs and feet; massage/rub arms and legs with refined sesame oil.

Thanks to those who responded to my inquiry.  I will talk to my physician tomorrow about a new B-12 deficiency test as suggested.  Also, will look into the other suggestions.  I do so much appreciate your input.

Helen
Nashville TN