Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:04:36 +0000

I need to find a GI familiar with celiac disease in the Boston area.  The last one I went to there was a 4 month wait for an appt. and I was already what I thought was gluten free due to being so ill and because my daughter and grandson have celiac disease. I have since learned that I was injesting hidden gluten daily.  The MD said if symptoms returned which they did, he would have me eat gluten again for 4 months and do a small bowel biopsy.  When the symptoms returned (due to hidden gluten,  yeast in the small intestine and bacterial overgrowth), they came back in full force losing 4lbs a week for a total of 25 lbs in 2 months.  I will not go back to the original GI because I won't intentionally eat gluten ever again but have been seeing an MD(not a GI but is very knowledgeable about candida overgrowth, bacterial overgrowth and celiac disease) who has  prescribed the medications needed and has me working with a nutritionist monthly.  I have been feeling much better except for a recent gluten accident ingesting hidden gluten daily for two weeks until I figured it out.  I would like to see a physician who does not insist on a gluten trial for biopsy as I can't do that.
Thanks.