Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:13:30 -0500

Sorry for the delay in posting.  Thanks to all who replied.

Several  people recommended the Gluten Free Pantry's spice cake and
gingerbread mix.  One suggested I make two batches, because one batch only
made them a 6" x6" house about 11" high, without a roof! (That person was
going to use chocolate bars for the roof rather than make another batch of
dough.)

Several others recommended Bette Hagman's mock graham cracker recipe, with
extra ginger added.  Gluten Free Living had an article about this in 1997.

Finally, another suggestion from Ralph in Texas, for "a recipe that makes a
nice faux graham cracker... but it's sturdier than graham crackers. I'll
bet if you add ginger to it, it'll be just right for what you need.
The recipe is my mother's German Sugar Cookie family recipe, modified to
GF. Go to our website at www.mauelshagen.com, and click on the "Recipes"
link.  You'll find a sugar cookie recipe there. To convert it to GF and
duplicate what I got a couple of weeks ago, replace the 4 Cups flour with 2
Cups Amaranth flour, 2 Cups Tapioca flour and 4-5 tsp. Xanthan gum. And of
course, use the GF brands like C&H Sugars, McCormick Vanilla, Land o Lakes
butter, etc..I would recommend that you make a half-recipe first, so you
can try it out without using up too much supply.