From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:45:48 -0700

Hi,

Thank you for all of your responses to my question about eating gluten for
valid blood test results.

It is the consensus that one must have been eating gluten prior to being
tested for cd. However, the length of times that I was given varies from 2
weeks to 6 months of eating the equivalent of 1 piece of bread/day. Others
said that these tests are also used to verify that a person on a gf diet is
in fact not eating gluten.

One more piece of interesting information that I received is that there is a
genetic blood test, HLA, which looks for 2 genes.  If the person has them,
then they have cd. I don't know how accurate this test is.

Sue