Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
celia2004 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:49:43 -0500

So far I've tried to get a guarantee from A.L. Bazzini Co.Inc., Barry Farm
Foods, and Woodstock farms and they all say their nuts may be cross-
contaminated because there are other products that contain gluten made in
the same place or they dust with flour, or they just can't verify all their
sources!

Has anyone been able to find a manfacturer who does NOT use
wheat flour to keep the nuts from sticking to their conveyer belt and/or
will certify that their nuts (either shelled or unshelled) are not at risk
from cross-contamination with other gluten-containing products they make?

Diamond of California says their nuts are gluten free, but not their
new "Emerald" line.  Also, they spray their out-of-shell nuts with BHT
which I'd rather avoid if I could and I'd prefer not having to use a
nutcracker if possible.

I'd also like to know about nut butters (not only peanut, but also almond,
cashew, etc.)

If anyone has any more info I'd appreciate it!
Thanks
Celia2004
NYC