From:
"Beth J. Hillson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:00:50 -0400

Dear ListServe Subscribers,

We are delighted to announce that summer is finally coming to Connecticut.
(We had our doubts for most of May.)  The warm weather is inspiring all
sorts of pasta salad ideas including the ones below that use DR. SCHAR
CONCHIGLIETTE (little ears/shells).  If you have a favorite pasta salad
recipe, we’d love to hear about it.  We’ll publish your recipe on our web
site (with credit, of course).

OUR MONTHLY SPECIALS INCLUDE

#G207.  DR. SCHAR CONCHIGLIETTE (little ears/shells)
Regular Price:  $3.95
SPECIAL PRICE: $3.55  (10% off )
These hold up beautifully in salads and have a great taste besides!

OTHER SPECIALS FOR JUNE

#869.  GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY ONION SOUP MIX (Great for dips – mix 2 Tbs. with 1
cup sour cream.)
Regular Price: $3.79
SPECIAL PRICE: $3.40  (10% off )

#875. GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY SZECHWAN SKILLET MEAL (great with leftover grilled
steak and chicken)
Regular Price: $4.39
SPECIAL PRICE: $3.95  (10% off )

#876. GLUTEN-FREE PANTRY TEX MEX SKILLET MEAL – a slightly spicy Mexican
rice (great with ground beef and chicken) May be served at room
temperature - perfect for summer picnics
Regular Price: $4.39
SPECIAL PRICE: $3.95  (10% off )

SORELLA BAKERY BISCOTTINE
All 5 flavors are on SPECIAL for $5.39 (10% off)

#924. VANILLA (grind into crumbs for cookie bars and cheesecake crusts)
#925. CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTINE
#926. CINNAMON SWIRL
#928. HAZELNUT ANISE BISCOTTINE
#T012. CHOCOLATE ALMOND BISCOTTINE

Please note that monthly specials may not be combined with case discounts.

Here are this month’s recipes:

MEDITERREAN SHELLS

1 box DR. SCHAR CONCHIGLIETTE PASTA (#G207) cooked according to package
directions
3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
3/4 cup roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, if tolerated
2 cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained and crumbled
4 tsp.  GFP Italian Seasoning (#862)
1/2  cup Italian or Greek dressing (use more as desired)

Combine all ingredients.  Toss to combine.  Chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve and enjoy.
Taste before adding salt to this recipe as the feta and the olives are
salty.

SHELLS WITH PEAS AND TUNA

1 box DR. SCHAR CONCHIGLIETTE PASTA (#G207) cooked according to package
directions
1 1/2  cup frozen baby green peas, thawed
3/4 cup pimento, chopped
2 cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained and crumbled
1 cup good quality mayonnaise (reduced fat mayonnaise may be used)
3 Tbs. cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs. sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients.  Toss to combine.  Chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve and enjoy.

Wishing you good health and a happy summer,
From all of us in our new expanded family

Beth Hillson
General Manager
Glutino USA/Gluten-Free Pantry