From:
Lori Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:11:45 -0500

Hi listmates,
About 6 weeks ago I started drinking Lifeway Kefir - about 12 ounces
in the morning.  A week or so after I began it, I had what I thought
were very chapped lips.  I was mistaken - I still don't know what it
is, but need to make a doctor appt.  Basically, red, hot lips with
peeling and redness and peeling and redness around my lips, as well.
Also some tingling at the end of my tongue, but only when it is bad.
These symptoms were bad for about a week, then got better on its own
but never completely better.  Today I drank more kefir than usual and
my mouth is getting bad again.

I am going to call a dermotologist tomorrow but I would like some help
with what could possibly be going on here ... I'm not even sure if a
derm would be the right dr to visit.  I read that kefir can kill off
an intestinal yeast overgrowth?  I have never heard of this before and
I wonder if I possibly had/have a yeast overgrowth that has now moved
to my mouth in an attempt to live?

Help?  Ideas?  What should I tell my dr?  Most people have never heard
of kefir and my knowledge on yeast overgrowth is sketchy at best.
Thanks so much!
Lori