C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:58:00 -0400
I'm thoroughly confused.  Do you mean the agency wants a mother of a former
attendant to work with you?  If that's the case, keep in mind that the mother
may be more mature than her daughter and may be able to help you better. If
Joy said they're two different people and you might want to give the mother a
chance, I agree.  Who knows, she may work out for you.

I hate to say this, but you all are making me so glad I can live on my own and
only need a housecleaner to help me out.  It must be terribly difficult
having to worry about how you're going to function throughout the day with
the help of undependable or difficult people.  I don't know how you do it,
honestly I don't.  From what I've heard, NC doesn't make it easy for disabled
adults to live at home with round-the-clock assistants.

Kat