C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:18:05 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Alana R. Theriault [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 7:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SMAfriends] CWG: Social Security Beneficiaries Sought for Panel
Presentation

C A L I F O R N I A   W O R K   G R O U P
On Work Incentives and Health Care (the CWG) July 27, 2004

Social Security Beneficiaries Sought for Panel Presentation

Panel consultants are working together with California groups to identify
consumers to participate in a panel presentation to the National Social
Security Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Advisory Panel at their meeting
in Emeryville, California on August 18, 2004.

We are interested in individuals who are Social Security Disability
Beneficiaries and have received a Ticket. We would like this panel to
reflect the diversity of experiences that individuals have had with the
Ticket - individuals who have received the Ticket and have chosen not to use
it, individuals who tried to use it and experienced challenges, and
individuals who received a Ticket, got services from VR or a private EN are
either are in training or working. The Panel is also interested in
employment success stories or challenges for beneficiaries choosing not to
use the Ticket program.

I am working to making the initial contacts and will be interviewing
individuals by phone and trying to come up with the appropriate "mix" of
experience. We will work with the individual by phone in August and then
will be on-site to provide support and assistance as needed the day of the
event, including providing lunch and the opportunity for the panelists to
meet prior to the panel presentation which is on the agenda for immediately
after lunch on the 18th.

Individuals need to communicate their story within a 7-10 min. timeframe and
be interested in answering questions from the panel.

If you know of individuals who would be interested in this opportunity,
please contact me.

Thanks for your assistance.

Barbara

Barbara A. Butz, President
The Capstone Group
4220 Natural Bridge Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32305
850.421.6605(phone)
850.421.8439(fax)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/pDHolB/TM

A FEW RULES

* The list members come from many backgrounds, ages and beliefs So all
members most be tolerant and respectful to all members.

* Some adult language and topics (like sexual health, swearing..) may occur
occasionally in emails. Over use of inappropriate language will not be
allowed. If your under 16 ask your parents/gaurdian before you join the
list.

* No SPAMMING or sending numerous emails unrelated to the topics of spinal
muscular atrophy, health, and the daily issues of the disabled.

Post message:   [log in to unmask]
Subscribe:      [log in to unmask]
Unsubscribe:    [log in to unmask]

List manager: Rebecca (Sexy Mature Artist) Email: [log in to unmask]