From:
Bob Humbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:50:11 -0800
Hi John,

Well, when I wrote that I was having a good pity party.  Nothing was going
right for about 48 hours.  The radio was the last straw.  My wife's care
provider did something and it is ok.  I just got off of the phone with Nancy
at Handiham and I bought a tape on the thing from them.  hopefully that will
help a lot.  Some how I thought I would just explore the band b even though
I only knew to hit the 3 key to do that but then I couldn't get it back
again to the stuff programmed on A for me by the salesman.  It is ok now and
so I'm not going to mess with it until I get that tape.  Yes, you guys are
right; I'll eventually get the hang of it.  However, I never did get the
hang of my cell phone.  Many times I accidentally hit a key with my old
arthritic fat fingers and the ....thing just quits until someone can go
through the menus and reset stuff for me.  Dam!! getting old is a bitch!!
excuse me but the party isn't completely over.  You guys are the greatest
and I sure appreciate the help that you have given me and the offer to help
more.  Perhaps one of you who have really mastered the THF6 will allow me to
phone you on a weekend when my cell phone is free and you can talk me
through a few things.  Right now though, I'll just wait for the tape and see
how it helps.  You know, guys, blindness really isn't a problem at all.  I
have done everything that I have ever wanted to do totally blind but this
damn arthritis loss of balance and hearing loss is getting me down.  Sorry
for burdening you guys with that pity party the other day.

73
Bob Humbert KG6yaa