RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 1996 21:29:51
>> Bob Avery wrote:
>> Roberto,  Please consider a long fast.

>Bob, if I remember correctly what Roberto wrote some days
> ago, he pointed out that he's thinner than he wants to be. Given the s
>ymptoms he noted were I in his place I'd get on a nutrient-rich diet
> like Dr. Bass's ultimate raw diet to build up my reserves before
> I'd try a fast.

>Roberto, I suspect Dr. Bass would tell you that with your
> high fruit diet you have developed deficiency problems and that you need
> to start with blended salads (romaine, tomato, cucumber,
> celery,) and some animal food (egg yolk and/or raw milk cheese or perhaps
> fish dropped in boiling water for a few seconds). There are other
>factors/items involved but I won't get into them unless you
> have an interest in this approach. If so, just tell me, and I'll post
>some of the menus Dr. Bass recommends.
>But, personally, I would NOT fast given the symptoms you've
>described.

I think Chet is mostly right, and this is about the best advice I
have seen yet.  Roberto, the reason you continue to lose weight and
feel cold is that you are either malnourished (from trying to live
on fruit) or in a long eliminative process or both (I think it is a
combination of both).

You are malnourished without lots of leafy greens, and Chet's
suggestion to eat blended salads (just grind up greens, etc. in a
blender) is the very best thing you can do.  The blender will vastly
increase the amount of nutrients you are able to obtain from the
vegetables.  You should probably slowly introduce greens into your
diet, over the course of 2 to 3 weeks so as to allow your body time
to begin producing in quantity the new substances you will need to
properly digest & handle the new nutrients you will eat.
Fruitarianism simply does not work, and I believe you are placing
your heart (and your life) in danger.

>From the pimples (mountains on your face) & other symptoms I think
it is clear you are trying to eliminate toxins and your body has a
very low tolerance right now for additional toxins.  You need rest,
and you should stay away from all exercise until the elimination
process eventually ends & your weight climbs (see the wonderful
article on Chet's WWW pages by Stanley Bass about what to expect
when you go on a raw diet).  You should probably get some sunlight
if this is possible.

Bob has a very good point about fasting, & I think you need fasts
but that Chet is probably right that you should try to gain a little
weight first.  You said your weight is 95.  Do you know what your
temperature is?  You feel cold for one of two reasons (or maybe for
both reasons): your metabolism is very low from malnourishment
and/or your blood has been drawn into the central part of the body
(as occurs when fasting) so as to conserve heat & energy while
allowing the internal organs to rest and repair themselves.

Do you have mercury (silver) fillings in your teeth?  This may be a
lot of the problem, and there are ways to have the fillings and the
mercury in your body removed.  I strongly suspect this is a big part
of your problem.

I think if you were to fast right now in your malnourished state it
could be quite dangerous, as your heart may be in poor shape.  Take
Chet's advice first, as you need better nutrition before you start a
fast.

Bob, you weigh 105 lbs, don't you?  You say you plan to do a 2-3
week fast.  Where does this leave your weight?  And please don't
tell us you are 6'5".

--Doug Schwartz