From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:45:06 -0400
Install XP and the old drive, use the Files and Settings transfer wizard
found in XP Help and support.
"The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard helps you move your data files
and personal settings from your old computer to your new one, without
having to go through much of the same configuration you did with your
old computer. For example, you can take your personal display
properties, folder and taskbar options, and Internet browser and e-mail
settings from your old computer and place them on the new one. The
wizard will also move specific files or entire folders, such as My
Documents, My Pictures, and Favorites. Passwords are not moved with
program settings when you use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.
This is a feature of the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard that helps
to keep your passwords confidential".

It might be just as easy to install both drives, then drag and drop the
old files to the new drive via Explorer.

                          http://freepctech.com