Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:34:07 -0500
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:14:06 +0000, Ashley Moran
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sorry to interrogate you over this but I'm excited to meet someone who
> has cured adrenal fatigue!
No problem, I'm glad to pass this on.

> What is kefir and how does it help with adrenal problems?
Here are definitions: http://users.chariot.net.au/~dna/kefirpage.html
website of the master, and
http://www.kefir.biz/whatis_.htm  --it has more virtues than stated here.

I don't know how or why, but C. Louis Kervran discovered that microbes can
transmute one mineral into another, if this happens with enough varieties
of microbes, then the more the merrier. We're supposed to be commonly
mineral deficient; I think that that has much to do with modern diseases.
Maybe the microbes are supplying something that is needed to heal adrenals.

  Why do you
> believe probiotics are important?  I always thought that gut bacteria
> returned to a normal state pretty quickly after any illness/toxins are
> removed from the system.

People who eat lots of raw fermented stuff have lower incidence of cancer
than others. I'd expect less of other diseases too.
Maybe not all the needed gut bacteria are present; the inventor of EM ,
which is said to increase crop yields by three to four times, speculated
that the mix of microbes responsible were once common in the earth, but
now rare due to pollution. EM said to be also consumed by drunken Japanese
salarymen on their way home to hide the evidence of their boozing.
http://www.eminfo.info/

  I am reluctant to supplement my diet with
> something I believe should come naturally- hence I don't like taking
> vitamins or minerals unless I suspect a deficiency.

Me too, that 's why the probiotic kefir - thinking that it supplies the
missing vitamins, some enzymes and maybe needed minerals.

  (I've had another
> thought about my possible zinc deficiency- I did go through a phase of
> drinking large amounts of orange juice.  I don't suppose that helped
> any.)

I did that too, then switched to lemons When their season started. It
seemed to meet a need at the time.

Best Wishes,

William

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.