Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:23:19 -0500
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:04:14 +0000, Ashley Moran
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You may be on to something here William.  I have often suspected zinc
> deficiency because of my poor sense of smell, but I eat a *ton* of meat
> and plenty of eggs.  It must be an assimilation problem.  I did read
> that low thyroid output can cause enzymes to work ineffectively if body
> temperature drops too much.

But what causes low thyroid?
Maybe you are eating/drinking/breathing something that blocks assimilation?
I had a zinc deficiency for years, although I ate plenty of meat. Taking
zinc pills cured all of the *syptoms*.

> Can you see a solution to this?  I did take zinc a while back but not
> for a long time.  I'd rather improve my mineral absorption somehow than
> take supplements, which can cause imbalances.  And if I'm not getting
> enough zinc eating my current diet I can't imagine how much I'd have to
> take as an isolated supplement.

I read of, and tried, raw food diet before finding paleofood, maybe some
raw meat is the answer?
Traditionally ray oysters have been used.
The nutrients should be better assimilated than cooked.
I don't eat all raw, still leaning to make supermarket food taste edible
when raw.

> I had hoped that a year of eating paleo would return my body to normal
> but this hasn't happened yet.  For all the good things it's done, it
> seems some damage is here to stay.  I find that a bit depressing.

Same with me. However there are signs of change for the better, although
slow.
The obvious symptoms of zinc deficiency disappeared in a short time
(months) after I learned to eat paleo. The damage from taking zinc without
copper is still with me.

William

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.