From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 03:51:38 -0500
william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Have you thought about the Steak Lover's diet?
>Some of the combinations are paleo.

Thank you for your suggestion, William. I haven't read the book, but I've
read about it on this list and elsewhere on the net, and it seems to be
very restrictive with emphasis on weight loss; but maybe I've misunderstood
something. I've no trouble with weight. I can eat whatever I want and if I
start to gain I just eat only when I'm truly hungry, not comfort hungry. It
has always worked. No exercise needed.

I'll keep on following my current diet until it doesn't feel right anymore.
I was a bit worried a while for not having much appetite for meat, but
after weeks of eating mostly rye and dairy,
it seems to be coming back.
Yesterday I felt strong hunger for raw meat. I made a batch of steak
tartare, or at least something similar (raw ground meat, raw egg-yolks, raw
onions, raw parsley). I'll probably eat it again today. Also, I would like
to eat a whole chicken.

Something that I now realize was missing for me on paleo, was starch. I
feel starch is very important for me. It's so satiating and stabilizing. I
don't like potatoes since they, or at least the varieties I've eaten,
appear to make me feel crazy among other things, and there's no sweet
potatoes here as far as I know. I've never eaten sweet potatoes so I don't
know how they taste. I don't like rice. Rye is my only option it appears.

Now that I no longer restrict starch, I can't think of fruit without
feeling repulsion. I know it's possible to feel aversion for fruit, or too
much fruit, even when animal foods
and especially animal fat dominate (I've
been there) but I don't want to force myself right now. I see no reason for
that.

Thanks again,
Fredrik