NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandr Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:46:46 -0500
I called Hershey's just last week regarding their chocolate syrup.  They
said that the syrup in the 1 pound cans is processed on shared equipment and
so their is a risk of cross-contamination.  However, the syrup in the
squeeze bottles is processed on dedicated lines and contains no dairy
ingredients.  They simply put the OU-D on these bottles to be consistent
with the kosher labeling on the cans.  So apparently at least some
manufacturers are putting OU-D on products which do not contain dairy and do
not have a risk of cross-contamination.  Just another example of how it is
best to call the manufacturer if there is any question.

Sandy