ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:17:36 -0500
Sandy,
It was a very difficult time for me.  The courts made me feel like a
worthless worm.  They seemed to think that because I was blind that I
couldn't do anything.  It didn't matter to them that I owned and ran my own
business or that I had, at that time, lived alone for two years and took
care of my cooking, cleaning, wash  and was well, unburned,  well dressed,
clean, and  was able to function well in society.  I had to sit still and
listen to my wife tell the court that I could only feed my son a bottle,
that I never helped her with him and had never changed a diaper.  I took
care of him most of the time during the five years of his life before she
chose not to be married any more.  Anyway, I tell you this to tell you that
our Lord is a wonderful, every-present and powerful loving Lord.  He kept me
strong through it all and has made me a much better person as a result of it
all.  I can honestly say, though I wish it had never happened and that I had
not had to go through that, that I can now thank Him for all the experiences
of that situation because it allowed me to be a witness for Him in the
presence of difficulties, distresses and seeming failures.  God made me
strong and granted me wisdom in the midst of heart ache and disappointment.
Sandy, I am like Phil and everyone else:  I am easy to get along with as
long as I get my way.  (smile)
Blind or sighted, poor or rich, old or young, married or unmarried may God
always be praised and honored by our lives.

Ned